Finding A New Voice
Cancer survivor Arthur Daniels’ struggle and triumph over throat cancer, how he lost and regained his voice, and now gives back to other Veterans.
Low Vision Awareness Month
February is Low Vision Awareness Month
Recreation Therapy Month
February is National Recreation Therapy Month
VA's Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is responsible for the national policies and programs for medical rehabilitation, prosthetic and sensory aids services that promote the health, independence and quality of life for Veterans with disabilities. This office aligns clinical expertise, clinical and practice guidance, and specialized procurement resources to provide comprehensive rehabilitation, prosthetic and orthotic, services across the VHA health care system in the most, economical and timely manner.
Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is committed to providing the highest quality, comprehensive, interdisciplinary care; the most advanced medical devices and products that are commercially available; and, promoting advancements in rehabilitative care and evidence-based treatment.
Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services is comprised of national programs for: Audiology and Speech Pathology; Blind Rehabilitation; Chiropractic Care; National Veterans Sports Programs and Special Events (Golden Age Games, Wheelchair Games, Creative Arts, Summer Sports Clinic, Winter Sports Clinic, Tee Tournament); Orthotic and Prosthetic Service; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Kinesiotherapy; Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service; and, Recreation Therapy. Special programs include Polytrauma/Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) System of Care, Amputation System of Care, and Blind Rehabilitation Care Continuum. Our staff also work in partnership with Defense Hearing Centers of Excellence (HCE), Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC), and Extremity Trauma and Amputation Center of Excellence (EACE).
Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services provides program and policy direction for over 8,000 rehabilitation care and prosthetic services providers.
Fact Sheets about Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services
- Amputation System of Care (ASoC)
- Blind Rehabilitation
- Blind Rehabilitation - Advanced Low Vision Clinic (ALVC)
- Blind Rehabilitation - Blind Rehabilitation Center (BRC)
- Blind Rehabilitation - Blind Rehabilitation Outpatient Specialist (BROS)
- Blind Rehabilitation - Intermediate Low Vision Clinic (IVLC)
- Blind Rehabilitation - Visual Impairment Services Outpatient Rehabilitation (VISOR)
- Blind Rehabilitation - Visual Impairment Services Team (VIST)
- Chiropractic Care
- Driver Training
- National Veterans Sports Programs and Special Events
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Mental Health
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Services
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services
- Physical Therapy
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Benefits
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service General Information
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Service and Guide Dogs
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service Women Veterans
- Recreation Therapy
- Recreation Therapy Service Creative Arts Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Traumatic Brain Injury